Sunday, February 26, 2006

Beckham left baffled by Brooklyn's homework


And he suspects that rising standards are the problem:
"'Their homework is so hard these days,' he told The Mail on Sunday's Live magazine.
He also cited different teaching methods in his analysis:

"It's totally done differently to what I was teached when I was at school, and you know, I was like, 'Oh my God, I can't do this'."

It's easy to slag Beckham, but that doesn't mean it isn't worth doing... No, it's easy to slag Beckham but I've always thought it's a bit unfair. I mean, so what if he's a bit of a thicko? No one expects Richard Dawkins to be able to take free-kicks, do they?

I also suspect it's bad for education because it just draws attention to the fact that you can earn oodles of cash, get the girl etc without being able to string two coherent sentences together. It may be the exception rather than the rule but you try explaining that to a class of fourteen-year olds.

No comments:

Blog Archive